Passion meets praise as Luke James unique vocal styling’s provide the spark that ignites the fiery renderings on his debut album Rise from Ruin. Taking his musical cues among a wide array of artists from Pearl Jam John Mayer and Jonny Lang to MercyMe and John Mark McMillan James has an unmistakable sound that is all his own.
Rise from Ruin blends Luke’s background as a seasoned worship leader with a mixture of rock and blues that when combined with his southern soulful voice renders an authentic style that leaves the listener begging for more.
James has taken the view that truly meaningful music is inspired by life. He has certainly had his share of ups and downs to draw from. “There was a time in my life when I was in a very desperate place. I had suffered an agonizing divorce that left me to rear three small children. My life was in shambles and my future uncertain.” says James. He relates that most all the songs on Rise from Ruin are inspired by his struggles his faith in God and God’s faithfulness to him. Luke feels that it is his mission through music to inspire and encourage others who may be discouraged desperate or broken. He believes that God took a situation that could have destroyed him and in turn given him a testimony of the power of God to heal mend and restore.
Luke has had the privilege of working with several notable artists. He has performed with Russ Taff David Huff and James Bolton as well as opening up for Deluge and Mark Lowry and Gold City in Concert. He has performed at the Gospel Choice Awards and has been featured on Global Christian Network TV’s “Rise Up” TV57’s Atlanta Live and AMP TV. He has been blessed with invitations to perform at a variety of churches ministries and other events such as Perimeter Church Church at Northside Cornerstone Church and Church for All Nations to name a few as well as performing benefit concerts with Angel Food Ministries. Other venues are things such as performances at Auburn Georgia Fourth of July Festival and Love to Dance Company Recital Shows and Youth Rally’s for Walker Baptist Church and the Ragamuffin Music Hall.
Quotes and Reviews
• Luke not only has a great voice...but more importantly a passion for Christ! I have no doubt God has great things in store with his new project. Mark Clay bassist for Newsong
• “I have worked with many artists in the recording studio for many years now. It was such a pleasure working with Luke James. First of all his relationship with the Lord plus an incredible gift of singing and writing songs made the experience of the recording a great success. I really expect great things to happen from his new debut CD.” David Huff singer/songwriter formerly of David and the Giants
• The power and depth of Luke's voice and songs are incredibly inspiring. The songs came together organically and the energy translated to this collection. Tell The World sends me to church every time I hear it! And Your Love Is Lifting me High… 'nuff said. - Peter Stroud lead guitarist for Sheryl Crow
• “Luke sings with power and passion with the anointing all over it.” Russ Taff
• Contemporary Christian Music artist“Luke James has a great new album for Christian Rock music fans who like good singing great lyrics and awesome music production. His latest EP Rise from Ruin is a solid release and is not what you’d expect from an independent Christian artist.”-Senseitional- I AM Entertainment Magazine
Luke James- What If I: http://youtu.be/U9kHV5T2-HI
Global Christian Network TV- You Will Always Be: http://youtu.be/voheYQTzsaQ
Rise From Ruin CD 2009
Luke James: firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on Luke James's Panel Score of 0 Luke James's overall genres Panel Rank position is #72120 Luke James's Panel Rank position for the Genre of CHRISTIAN is #734
Based on Luke James's Member Score of 5.770 Luke James's overall genres Member Rank position is #14201 Luke James's Member Rank position for the Genre of CHRISTIAN is #229
Based on the Curve System for the Primary Genre of CHRISTIAN
Luke James's has the #196 Highest Member Score with a 5.770
PopUp MP3 Player
Our Member Rank Charts uses many variables such as member reviews, comments, amount of favorites lists the Artist is on and 18 other variables to ensure a true reflection of the Artist's Member Rank. NOTE: You can only vote 1 time per day per category for this user.